Teddy bear hamster Emotions
Compared to dogs and cats, teddy bear hamsters are less likely to communicate with their owners. However, if you observe them carefully every day, you can still understand their emotions. Moreover, teddy bear hamsters can express their emotions, so watch these actions and messages carefully to understand their emotions.
When teddy bear hamsters groom their body hair, they are in a relaxed state. Otherwise, it is a state where the teddy bear hamster’s own flavor disappears after the owner strokes the teddy bear hamster and wants to apply the flavor to its body again. Teddy bear hamsters love their own flavor.
When the owner’s hand reaches inside the cage, the teddy bear hamster will turn over. This is because the teddy bear hamster is startled when the hand is pushed in, or because it finds it annoying. The teddy bear hamster has almost no weapon against the enemy, so it will roll over and resist with all four legs. At this time, just go over slowly and reassure the teddy bear hamster. Especially when the teddy bear hamster is sleeping, don’t scare the teddy bear hamster.
Rolling up in a circle
You can tell this is the teddy bear hamster’s sleeping position by looking at it, so keep your voice down. However, they will also roll up when they are not in good health, so be careful. When the weather is cold, the teddy bear hamster will roll up, so it is trying to keep warm.
Teddy bear hamsters are nocturnal animals that like to sleep during the day and come out at night, so don’t wake them up when they are sleeping! Four-week-old teddy bear hamsters are adults. Unlike rats, they have a short tail, or even no tail at all. The most interesting thing about teddy bear hamsters is that they know how to hide their food in the sides of their gills and spit it out only when they are in a safe place.
Whenever your teddy bear hamster is not feeling well, please don’t panic and try to minimize the time it takes to get your teddy bear hamster to the doctor. Precautions to be taken when the mother teddy bear hamster is in labor:
- During the mother’s pregnancy, remember to keep the teddy bear hamster in a separate cage from the male teddy bear hamster. The male teddy bear hamster may eat the baby teddy bear hamster.
- Please help the mother teddy bear hamster to have a good body tonic, the birth is very hurtful, you can use flamen, nutritional cream, nutritional water, small dried fish, bread worms, etc., so that the mother teddy bear hamster can increase the nutrition.
- Please try not to change the items and cushions in the mother teddy bear hamster’s cage when the baby teddy bear hamster is full moon. It is easy to scare the mother teddy bear hamster and cause her not to nurse her baby or to reclaim (eat the baby teddy bear hamster). Please do not touch the baby teddy bear hamster before it reaches the full moon!
- After the baby teddy bear hamster reaches one month old, it can leave the mother teddy bear hamster after its fur grows and its eyes are opened and it is weaned, at this time, you can try to touch the baby teddy bear hamster!
- It is best to wait until the baby hamster is a month old before feeding it breadworms, which have shells. At this time, the baby’s digestive system is not yet complete, please do not feed breadworms, as it is easy to get indigestion.
- Remember to pick up the roller during the teddy bear hamster mom’s pregnancy. Sometimes teddy bear hamster moms will neglect breastfeeding in order to play with the roller.
Self-examination of the teddy bear hamster’s body
Teddy bear hamster’s incisors are constantly growing, and sometimes the teeth are too long, which can prevent them from eating. At this time, you can cut the teeth by yourself, please use the small animal teeth cutting utensil, if you are afraid to do so, you can bring it to the doctor to cut the teeth.
Male teddy bear hamsters only have, in the middle of the abdomen, there is a yellow grain, that is the scent gland, when the male teddy bear hamster is in heat, the smell here will be particularly heavy. Sometimes the scent glands may accumulate too much, so please remember to use hydrogen peroxide mixed with saline at a ratio of 1:10 to help them wipe it off! If there is too much, please take them to the veterinary hospital and ask the doctor to clean it.
If your teddy bear hamster’s eyes are healthy, they should be bright and shiny. If they are red, oily, or have eye droppings, you should pay attention to them and bring them to a veterinarian.
Your teddy bear hamster’s poop should be a little hard, the size of a grain of rice, black and odorless. Sometimes it may turn green or red, so don’t be too nervous. Think back to your teddy bear hamster’s diet to see if there is any green or red color in the diet, and if there is, green color is normal. If there is any green or red color in the teddy bear hamster’s diet, it is normal for the stool to be green in color. If the stool is soft or has a foul odor, please send it to the doctor as soon as possible.
Sometimes it is necessary to check if the food in the cheek pouches has been eaten, if not, please do not give any more food. If the food in the cheek pouches spoils and becomes smelly, it may lead to buccal pouch infection. Regularly check the cheek pouches for the odor of rotting food and help him to remove the food from the pouches by rinsing the pouches with saline mixed with water at a ratio of 1:3 and inserting a feeding syringe into the pouches.
Teddy bear hamster’s fur is usually soft and shiny. If there is any hair loss, please note if it is an allergy and bring it to the doctor for examination as soon as possible.
A teddy bear hamster’s body temperature is usually slightly higher than ours when touched by hand, but it does not feel obvious. If it is obvious that the teddy bear hamster’s body temperature is too high, please send it to the hospital immediately, as it is very likely to be a precursor of heat stroke!